James E. Goad
- Criminal Law
- Bankruptcy Law
James Earl Goad has conducted the General Practice of Law in Cartersville for the last 15 years.
James is from Tompkinsville, Kentucky. He has owned and operated many business: Sears Catalog Store, an Auto Body Shop and Commercial Glazing Companies in Kentucky and Georgia. James got his undergraduate degree from Lindsey Wilson College in Columbia, Kentucky.
He attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School (Lansing, Michigan) and earned his J.D. degree from John Marshal Law School here in Atlanta.
James has been married to Wanda Ryherd for 24 years. They have between them 8 children, 13 grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
James has been admitted to practice in the Georgia Supreme Court, Georgia Court of Appeals, U. S. District Court and the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia. He is a member of the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys and Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
James is an Honorary Kentucky Colonel, an Honorary Kentucky Senator and a member of the Cartersville Chamber of Commerce and the Exchange Club. James is a past president of the Tompkinsville Kentucky JC's, a member of the Monroe County Kentucky Republican Executive Committee and the Kentucky State Republican Committee.
Current Employment Position
- Founding & Senior Attorney
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Monroe County Kentucky Republican Executive Committee, Member
- Kentucky State Republican Committee, Member
- John Marshall Law School, Atlanta, Georgia
- Lindsey Wilson College, Columbia, Kentucky
- Georgia, 2001
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Honorary Kentucky Colonel
- Honorary Kentucky Senator
- Member, Cartersville Chamber of Commerce and the Exchange Club
- Past President, Tompkinsville Kentucky JC’s